Spires of Vysehrad Castle

Quarter: Vysehrad Theme: Architecture

The spires on this photo belong to St. Peter & Paul Church, that is the most visible and the second oldest preserved building in Vysehrad.

It was founded as a capitular church around 1070 by Prince Vratislav II in style of a three-aisled Romanesque basilica. It has been rebuilt several times though, and its today’s appearance is Neo-gothic, designed and built by Josef Mocker and Frantisek Miks between 1885 and 1903.

Posted: Praha, Dec 3, 19:11 by Marek.

« Hlubocepy in Autumn | Manes and Masaryk Embankment »


commenting closed for this article